Bake gluten free rolls with Finax
- 25 g yeast
- 4 dl water
- 2 tbsp Finax Psyllium
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 420 g (ca 7 dl) Finax Glutenfri Mjölmix, save ca 30 g (ca 0,5 dl) for baking
- cca 3 dl Finax Fruktmüsli
- cca 1 dl sunflower or flax seeds, raisins or pieces of dried apricots
There just isn’t much better than freshly baked bread rolls for breakfast. Try Finax-Eva’s recipe! The below is for 12 breakfast rolls.
Gluten free baking can be a challenge – even for experienced bakers – as gluten free flour and flour mixes have very different properties than regular flour. Baking buns and various rolls can be even more of a challenge because dough made from gluten free flour can be quite difficult to shape and form. It is important that you don´t try to force the dough, but instead spend the time needed to thoroughly work and shape the dough into the length and sizes you want. Another important thing is to take care that the dough does not become too dry during the baking process.
A few tips to avoid this is to add Finax Psyllium to your dough, as this will keep bind moisture, and also to let the dough rest/raise under a tight plastic cover/film (instead of a cloth), as this will also help prevent moisture from escaping. This way you will avoid dry spots forming in your dough. This recipe is for approx. 12 buns
This is how you do:
- Dissolve the yeast in the luke warm water (37°C).
- Add Finax Psyllium and leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together for about 5 minutes using a machine.
- Spread flour on your table surface and place the dough on it.
- Shape the dough into a log about 7 cm thick. Cut the log into 12 equal sized pieces.
- Place the dough pieces on a tray with baking sheet and leave them to rise for approximately 40 minutes.
- Spray or brush the rolls with water.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 250°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave the freshly baked breakfast rolls to cool on a grill to allow airflow.
- If you want you can add flavors to the rolls by adding spices of your choice to the dough.